Keith Gerson has spent the better part of his 48 years in franchising focusing on how to drive top performance through coaching for improved franchisee performance. FranConnect’s research and data have found that 41% of franchisors feel that the current structure of the Franchise Business Consultant (FBC) role is failing to positively impact franchisee performance. In fact, 55% of franchisors rate their franchisee's ability to out-execute only equal to - or worse than their direct competitors in the local marketplace.
A major study performed by Bain & Company on Organizational Skills showed that only 15% of team members could name just one of the top three goals, and 87% had no clear idea of specific actions that needed to be taken. On top of that, the 81% surveyed were not held accountable for progress on the organization’s goals.
During the session, Keith focused on the keys to coaching for improved franchisee performance including:
- The role that engagement has in determining franchise success
- A new definition for the role of the Franchise Business Consultant
- How to conduct the “coaching analysis” to determine what is influencing unsatisfactory performance
- How to handle difficult conversations through the "steps of the coaching discussion”
- Looking at alternative support structures